Thomson Bridge now has the following Units of Competency on Scope:
- MSMBLIC001 License to operate a standard boiler
- MSMBLIC002 License to operate an advanced boiler
- UEPOPL001A License to operate a steam turbine
- UEPOPL002A License to operate a reciprocating steam engine
The training programs will comprise both theory and practical components.
The Theory will be delivered in a classroom environment on Site at the Power Station. This training is designed to give a trainee operator, who has experience in the operation of a boiler/turbine plant, a more in depth grounding that will:
- Allow the candidate to demonstrate competency in the knowledge and skills expected under the relevant Units of Competency; and
- Prepare the Candidate for the questions asked by the state based High Risk Work assessment instruments.
Theory Assessment will be carried out through formal classroom assessment and workbook completion.
Upon completion of the Theory component, an assessment for a High Risk Work Assessment license will be conducted on Site.
Authorisation of High Risk Work Assessors
As a license assessor, Thomson Bridge will carry out assessments of competency for persons wanting to undertake HRW. Once our license assessor deems the applicant to be competent, the applicant can apply to the State regulator for a HRW license.
Please contact our office fro further details – 1300 15 66 85