Vegetation Management Companies working near overhead powerlines must provide Initial and Refresher training for their staff. This is now mandatory in most states.
Thomson Bridge is delivering courses to ensure Vegetation Management workers are compliant when working for Distribution and Transmission asset owners, utilities, councils and corporate customers.
Our Courses include:
UET20312 Certificate II in ESI - Powerline Vegetation Control
(We offer the full Qualification via programs designed for New Entrans and Expirenced Workers, as well as the associated Annual and Three Yearly Refreshers).
Annual Refresher Training
- CPR - HLTAID001
- First Aid in an ESI Environment - UETTDRRF10B
- EWP Controlled Descent Escape - UETTDRRF08B
- EWP Rescue - UETTDRRF03B
- Safe Approach Distances
- Safe Approach SWER
- Operate a mobile chipper
- Operate and Maintain a Chainsaw
Three yearly Refresher Training
- Hearing Conservation
- Manual Handling
- Fire awareness
- VESI Environmental Framework
- VESI Safety Framework
- Control traffic with stop-slow bat - RIIWHS205D
- Implement traffic management plan - RIIWHS302D
Our Programs are designed to:
- cater to each State's regulatory Requirements for vegetation workers operating near powerlines;
- address the particular specifications of the distribution/transmission asset owner;
- ensure workers are compliant to move across state boarders; and
- map to nationally accredited Units of Competency.
Our trainers hold Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and bring hands on skills and knowledge in the electrical and vegetation management industries into the classroom.
Click for more information on our Courses for Vegetation Management workers.
Click here for Latest Project News on the Vegetation Sector