Thomson Bridge Services
We specialise in:
- Training for electricity networks and the power and infrastructure industry;
- Technical curriculum design;
- Electrical and safety consulting services; and
- Workforce compliance solutions.
Thomson Bridge is an Australian nationally Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 40754) and operates in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
We design and deliver short courses and full Qualifications that are endorsed by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC).
Our core training packages include:
- Transmission, Distribution and Rail Sector Training Package UET;
- Electricity Supply Industry – Generation Sector Training Package UEP.
We draw upon this Australian Skills Quality framework to structure tailored, contextualised programs for our Clients.
We offer blended learning formats - comprising instructor led, classroom, workshop, online presentations and on-the-job programs. For a full list of our training scope, visit training.gov.au. and our Courses page
The Thomson Bridge energy professionals draw on their extensive experience across Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Rail and Mines. They have a deep understanding of energy networks and a passion for sharing their knowledge of safe operating, risk analysis and industry best practice.
Our Subject Matter Experts provide advisory services in the following areas:
- Development of policies and procedures for electrical safe access;
- High voltage and low voltage operating procedures;
- Audits and reviews of Electrical Safety Rules and operating procedures;
- Skills audits of personnel who are required to hold electrical authorisations;
- Preparation of bespoke training curriculum based on electrical rules and procedures reviews;
- Comparative analysis of operating protocols across state regulatory electricity environments;
- Preparation of switching instructions for energisation, planned and unplanned maintenance;
- Balance of Plant maintenance plans and procedures;
- End of construction hand over plans;
- Arc flash studies and reports; and
- Incident investigation.