Increasingly, Australian Companies in the Energy, Utilities, Traction and Mining sectors are implementing programs to ensure staff obtain nationally recognised qualifications for inhouse training and for previous work place experience.
Thomson Bridge has recently developed programs with AGL Energy, Alinta, Stanwell Corporation and the Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure (SA) to:
- Award Units of Competency for in-house training (performed by the Company's in-house training teams); and
- Award qualifications based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
RPL is a valuable assessment pathway that recognises the skills, knowledge and experience gained through work and life experience, formal and on the job training.
Our Business analysists have developed robust database tools to reliably map contextualised evidence against the extensive criteria contained within the specific Unit of Competency or full Qualification.
Our Subject Matter Experts draw on a range of evidence including existing formal (Unit of Competency) training, trainer assessments, supervisor assessments, documented work activities, curriculum vitae, position and role based evidence.
RPL programs may also draw upon interviews of both candidate and their supervisors as well as practical observations.
Where the Certificate requirements are met, Thomson Bridge will award the Qualification. Where the full Certificate requirements are not met, Thomson Bridge will:
- Award individual Units of Competency where requirements are met; and
- Provide assistance in developing, and/or delivering, gap training.
Our RPL processes are designed to:
- Be compliant with the VET framework and ASQA standards;
- Accurately map the competency evidence requirements against each Unit and underlying element; and
- Efficiently record evidence against Unit of Competency requirements.
Visit training.gov.au to review our Scope which includes 14 Qualifications and over 70 Units of Competency across the UEP and UET Training Packages.
Click here for case studies about our Programs with Alinta and the Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure (South Australia).