Owners of Electricity Networks are undergoing substantial restructuring, which has resulted in a large number of workforce redundancies. Many career lineworkers hold either no formal qualifications or older style Craft and Proficiency Certificates.
To gain employment in new, related industries such rail, cable jointing and transmission, these workers will often be required to hold the newer Certificate III Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) qualifications.
Thomson Bridge is a leader in the delivery of Certificate III ESI qualifications to the staff of our corporate clients in the Electricity Supply Industry.
The pathways to achieve these qualifications include the following:
- School-leaver Apprenticeships
- Adult Apprenticeships
- Adult Bridging Apprenticeships (using Recognition of Prior Learning and Gap training to enable workers to formally recognise their prior experience and learning).
We offer high-quality training that students and industry can trust, aligned to industry and workforce needs. We:
- Provide a modern approach to the gaining of qualifications in the ESI sector so that it is effective and flexible for today’s learners and their employing organisation
- Create a range of qualification pathways for apprentices and experienced workers that increase the choice of training and can be tailored to their individual needs
- Maintain a completion rate above 85% for apprenticeships
- Build capability through mentoring and quality on-the-job experiences into the programs
- Drive quality and consistency in training delivery through clear, measurable outcomes
- Continue to engage with industry and improve the validation of training and learning outcomes
- Build teaching and leadership by contributing to an evidence base, which informs future policy development and funding settings.