Peter draws on decades of experience with Essential Energy NSW, and its predecessors, to provide training and advisory services in high voltage switching training, electrical network control and safe work practices.
Peter has over 25 years' in the electrical distribution network industry and working with other energy providers and external stakeholders.
His roles at Essential Energy NSW have included Corporate Safety Specialist and Switching Trainer and Assessor. He has established a track record of workplace safety improvements and delivery of switching training for Network Operators and Field Operators.
He has a broad knowledge base across the electrical distribution industry, construction, and other energy providers.
Other skills and experience include:
- Extensive experience in conducting professional incident lead investigation and reporting utilising the Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAMS) methodology;
- Disaster emergency response Network control and safety advice provider;
- Training and authorisation of Network Operators (System Controllers) in network management and switching instruction writing.
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Investigate WHS Incidents (ICAMS)
- Electrical Trade Certificate.
- High Voltage Field Test Principals
- Network Operator - Network Control and switching instruction writing
- Field Operator, Substation, HV and LV Overhead and Underground Switching
- Transgrid - Authorise Essential Energy Staff in Transgrid Switching Process
- HV cable jointing - Paperlead and XLPE
- Substation Maintenance and Testing
- Schematic and Wiring Designs