Cable Jointing Programs
Our Cable Jointing programs are designed for experienced lineworkers and licenced electricians seeking to upskill. Courses provide essential practical and theory components and are delivered in tailored packages to suit client requirements. These programs can be offered in Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania and Queensland.
Our programs are listed below.
UETTDRCJ21 - Lay ESI cables
Total duration is 2 days.
Please note that there are four pre-prequisites required to undertake this program.
You can find the pre-requisite table here.
Pre-requisite program for UETTDRCJ21 Lay ESI cables
For Candidates who do not hold the four pre-requisite units for UETTDRCJ21 Lay ESI cables, we offer a gap training program of 1 day duration.
- UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- UEENEEE107A Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
- UETTDREL11 Apply sustainable energy and environmental procedures
- UETTDREL16 Working safely near live electrical apparatus
Core Cable Jointing Skill Set
The Units covered in this program are as follows:
- UETTDRCJ21 Lay ESI cables
- UETTDRCJ26 Install and maintain de-energised low voltage underground polymeric cables
- UETTDRCJ27 Install and maintain de-energised high voltage underground polymeric cables
This program is 15 days in duration and is weighted toward practical workshop and field exercises. There are six pre-prequisite units required to undertake this program, four of which are covered as pre-requisite units for UETTDRCJ21.
Pathway to Energised Low Voltage Cable Jointing Program
For Candidates requiring more advanced skills, we offer the following Units:
- UETTDRIS55 - Install and maintain Low Voltage underground services (4 Days)
- UETTDRIS41 - Install network infrastructure electrical equipment (5 Days)
- UETTDRIS42 - Maintain network infrastructure electrical equipment (5 Days)
This program is 14 days in duration and is dependant upon site availability for practical activities. This program provides the pre-requisite units to UETTDRCJ28. This can be delivered individually.
UETTDRCJ28 - Joint and maintain energised Low Voltage underground polymeric cables
This program is 5 days in duration, and requires the previous completion of de-energised work experience and log book.
We offer the mandatory training required by the Victorian Electricity Supply Industry (VESI) as follows:
- VEDN Module 1 - Underground electrical infrastructure (1 day)
- VEDN Module 6 - Cable hauling (2 days)
Tailored to meet your needs
These courses can be tailored to the client’s business demand and divided into multiple phases in order to minimise disruption to projects and work commitments.
Please contact our office for further information about the course.